Last Updated: 22nd November 2018
Chupspace has designed the Platform and Services to assist Hosts and Guests efficiently and conveniently complete Bookings. Every Booking is upon the Host’s commitment to make such Space available to the Guest who has paid upfront in full upon confirmation of any such Bookings made. In situations where a Guest cancels a Booking, the Host’s ability to Book that Space during that specified time slot becomes increasingly difficult as other interested Guests may have already made other plans. When Hosts cancel Bookings, Guests’ events and plans can be severely impacted and may require intensive logistical support from Chupspace. Nonetheless, plans may change, requiring Guests or Hosts to cancel Bookings at occasions.
This Chupspace Cancellation and Refund Policy (“Policy”) covers all cancellations or refunds for Fees paid on the Platform, which are identified in the Fees Overview. Both Guests and Hosts agree that they are subject to and will comply with the terms, conditions, and procedures of this Policy when cancelling a Booking. This Policy is part of and uses words and phrases defined in the Chupspace Services Agreement. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.
To continue with the use of Services and the Platform, you acknowledge that you are agreeable to accepting the terms and conditions contained herein this Policy, as part of the Chupspace Services Agreement.. Please read this Policy carefully.
Chupspace may issue payments to Hosts, withhold refunds to Guests, or collect cancellation Fees from Hosts in accordance with this Policy. We reserve the right to amend this Policy for any reason and at any given time; notifications of the updated version will be uploaded onto our website as provided in the Chupspace Services Agreement.
Guests may cancel Bookings up to 48 hours after the Booking is confirmed by the Host and receive a full refund, provided the cancellation is made at least 1 week (168 hours) before the scheduled start time of the Booking (“Start Time”). All cancellations must be submitted through the Platform and not through other means of communications as an email. Bookings made one week or less in advance of the Start Time or cancellations made more than 48 hours after confirmation of the Booking will incur a cancellation charge that includes the Processing Fee and a proportion of the price paid for the Booking (collectively a “Cancellation Fee”) as follows:
|Cancellation Date||Guest Refund||Host Payout|
|28+ days prior to Booking start time||75%, minus Processing Fee||25%, minus Chupspace Service Fee|
|Less than 28 days prior to Booking start time||50%, minus Processing Fee||50%, minus Chupspace Service Fee|
|Less than 14 days prior to Booking start time||25%, minus Processing Fee||75%, minus Chupspace Service Fee|
|Less than 7 days prior to Booking start time||Non-refundable||100%, minus Chupspace Service Fee|
Refunds to Guests will be applied after the cancellation is finalized. Pay-outs to Hosts will be made within 7 days following the Start Time of the cancelled booking. If a Host receives a new Booking for the Space at the same time as the cancelled Booking, Chupspace may elect to return all or a portion of the pay-out otherwise payable to the Host as part of the cancellation back to the Guest.
Where Guests cancels a portion of a multi-day Booking, the Fees and refunds will only apply to the specific dates cancelled. Guests may be able to update a Booking time without penalty where a Host agrees to the new timing.
Chupspace may issue Fines on Hosts for cancellations and may (i) deduct or debit any Fines from amounts that would otherwise be payable, or (ii) invoice such Fines to be paid within seven (7) days. Any Host-initiated cancellations will be fully refunded to the Guest (including any Fees paid). The Host cancelling the Booking will be responsible for tangible costs incurred by Chupspace or the Guest associated with any cancellation, and any scheduled payouts for that Booking will be cancelled.
Fines for Host Initiated Cancellations
Confirmed Bookings that are cancelled in whole or part by a Host are subject to the following:
- A Host may cancel 1 confirmed Booking within a 6-month period without penalty excluding those costs incurred by Chupspace or the Guest associated with that cancellation;
- Additional cancelled Bookings will result in a Fine of the greater of RM100 or 15% of the total Booking cost. This Fine may be either charged to a payment method linked to your account or deducted or debited from any amounts otherwise payable to you; and
- Cancellations of 3 or more bookings within a 6-month period may result in delisting or modifying the description of your Space to include publicly available information about previous cancellations, or suspension or termination of your Account.
- Hosts that have earned “Power Host” designation will forfeit that designation and any associated benefits after 1 cancellation for no less than a 6-month period.
In our discretion, we may waive Fines for Host-initiated cancellations under the following circumstances:
- Accidental acceptance of a Booking cancelled within 2 hours of confirmation;
- Guests providing false or misleading information in Booking request;
- Guests suggesting their use of a Space in a manner inconsistent with the Description, the Booking Agreement, or other limitations agreed upon between the Guest and Host;
- Inappropriate or illegal activity taking place during a Booking;
- A Host and Guest mutually deciding to cancel the Booking with a full refund of the Booking cost to the Guest; or
- Any excused cancellations.
In rare instances, it may be necessary to cancel a confirmed Booking due to extenuating circumstances under short notice for one of the situations identified below (“Excused Cancellation”):
- Unexpected death or serious illness of a Host, a Guest, or immediate family member of either;
- Serious injury that directly restricts a Guest’s ability to travel or a Host’s ability to provide the Booked Space;
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents triggering a state of emergency that directly impact use of a Space or the Guest’s ability to travel to the Space;
- Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of Booking, by an appropriate government office or agency;
- Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the safe use of the Space; or
- Legal, municipality, or utility injunction or order that directly restricts use of or access to a Space.
Chupspace may require Guests or Hosts to provide supporting evidence in the event of such Excused Cancellation claims. Where approved, the Booking Fees will be refunded in full to the Guest and no pay-out will be sent to the Host without Cancellation Fees or Fines.
Chupspace may decide, in its sole discretion, that it is necessary or desirable to cancel a confirmed Booking and issue a full or partial refund to a Guest for:
- An Excused Cancellation;
- The removal of a Host or Space from the Platform prior to the Start Time;
- Any actual or potential illegal or unauthorized activity;
- Risk of harm or safety concerns;
- Failure to provide proof of insurance, including event or film production insurance, when requested by Chupspace;
- Any violations the Community Guidelines; or
- Any other reason.
Where Chupspace initiates a cancellation, any refunds or pay-outs will vary depending on the circumstances that prompted the cancellation. You understand and agree that neither Chupspace nor any of the other parties to the cancelled Booking shall have any liability or obligation for any such Chupspace-initiated cancellations.
How to Cancel a Booking
To cancel a Booking you must submit a request to cancel using the “Cancel Booking” designations on the Platform (mobile app or website). Cancellation requests cannot be submitted through messages, phone calls, chats, or emails to Chupspace. If you are unable to locate the Cancel Booking icons on the Platform, please contact our Support team.
Submitted cancellation requests may be delayed up to 48 hours to allow either party to reconfirm, reschedule, or finalize the cancellation. After such period, the cancellation will be finalized.
Where approved by Chupspace, a Guest or Host may have an opportunity to reschedule that Booking. Any rescheduled Bookings must be:
- For substantially the same duration as the original Booking, according to the Host’s approval;
- Confirmed prior to the original Start Time;
- Rescheduled for a time within 90 days of the original Start Time; and
- Only rescheduled once.
Any rescheduled Bookings are non-refundable once confirmed. Any successive rescheduling attempts or failure to successfully reschedule a Booking within the conditions above will result in a cancellation of the Booking, subject to the Cancellation Fees or Fines identified in this Policy, depending on the initiating party. Any rescheduling by Guests may be subject to an additional Processing Fee payable to Chupspace.